Stories of Jewish Christ is an exciting, LIVE, interactive course that will allow you to reread all four Gospels as vivid examples of the Jewish literary tradition of the first century. The Gospels are shown to be steeped in ancient Jewish culture, language, tradition, and spirituality. The class sessions recast Jesus and his followers as 1st-century Jews and explain seemingly familiar teachings in light of historical Jewish context and culture, recovering otherwise lost crucial nuances. Studying the gospel material from this perspective will challenge your presuppositions. Yet this process of re-reading the texts will allow you a deeper, more precise look into the world of the gospels. Without a doubt, this kind of engagement will lead you to a more authentic and careful interpretation of ancient texts.
- Prof. Eliyahu (Eli) Lizorkin-Eyzenberg
- Prof. Yeshayah Gruber
- Prof. Kathleen Troost-Cramer
- Prof. Cheryl Durham
- Prof. Noel Rabinowitz
- Prof. Pinchas Shir
Tuition and Duration
- Affordable tuition (can be broken up into multiple payments)
- Partial scholarships are available for qualified students
- Ten 90 minute sessions (once per week, for about 3 months)
Interaction and Flexibility
- Live interactive classes with lecturers from Israel
- You can choose/switch Saturday or Sunday as your class day
- Recorded video sessions for later and repeat viewing
- Full compatibility with all mobile devices
Accessibility and Credibility
- University level material in plain language
- No prior knowledge of Biblical languages is necessary
- Easy Skype-like video conferencing technology
- The course counts towards the Certificate in Jewish Context and Culture
“Never say ‘I will study when I have the time,’ because you may never have the time to study!”(Rabbi Hillel, c. 100 BC)Take the rabbi’s challenge seriously. Fill out the form below.
If you would like to be contacted about partial scholarship availability and/or breaking up into comfortable monthly payments, please, write to firstname.lastname@example.org (provide your full name, country, best telephone numbers and reason for your request) and our friendly staff will try to help you.