Reading Hebrew is not another daunting Hebrew grammar course, but a fantastic opportunity to actually read Hebrew and to learn how you can use readily available internet-based resources to check the original text under English translation for alternative translation choices. Together we will explore ancient texts from the Torah of Moses, the Jewish prayer books and even sample some ancient Jewish writings from the Dead Sea Scrolls discovered in Qumran. Just imagine reading in class from the comfort of your home the same text from the Book of Isaiah that Jesus read in the synagogue in Nazareth (Luke 4:16-19), preparing to come to Israel one day to be able to read that very text while visiting Israel Museum in Jerusalem. The great Isaiah scroll is on display for anyone to see, but you will be among those who will be able to actually read it!
Tuition and Duration
- Affordable tuition (can be broken up into multiple payments)
- Partial scholarships are available for qualified students
- Ten 90 minute sessions (once per week, for about 3 months)
Interaction and Flexibility
- Live interactive classes with lecturers from Israel
- You can choose/switch Saturday or Sunday as your class day
- Recorded video sessions for later and repeat viewing
- Full compatibility with all mobile devices
Accessibility and Credibility
- University level material in plain language
- No prior knowledge of Biblical languages is necessary
- Easy Skype-like video conferencing technology
- The course counts towards the Certificate in Jewish Context and Culture
“Never say ‘I will study when I have the time,’ because you may never have the time to study!”(Rabbi Hillel, c. 100 BC)Take the rabbi’s challenge seriously. Fill out the form below.
If you would like to be contacted about partial scholarship availability and/or breaking up into comfortable monthly payments, please, write to firstname.lastname@example.org (provide your full name, country, best telephone numbers and reason for your request) and our friendly staff will try to help you.